Travel & Logistics
Camp takes place in Angelus Oaks, in Southern California’s beautiful San Bernardino Mountains. This conference is held at a REAL recreation camp – not a hotel, spa or convention center. Yes, like when you went to sleep-away camp as a kid. Registration includes 2 nights’ lodging, all meals and snacks, workshop materials, special goodies and swag bag plus all the professional development you can stuff into a weekend.
- Accommodations — Sleeping cabins are sprinkled throughout the property. Real dirt, tall pines, fresh air and yes, you can see the Big Dipper at night (best visibility is from the hot tub). Workshops and meals are in the main lodge.
- Altitude – 7000 ft.
- Arrivals & Departures – Check-in Friday 3 PM*, depart Sunday after brunch (noon-ish). *Arrive early and help us set up, you’ll be entered into a cool prize drawing.
- Disabled Patrons – The facility can accommodate physical disabilities (i.e. parking and ramps).
- Meals – We feed you plenty of tasty, hearty camp chow. Friday Welcome Dinner is 6 PM. Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday brunch. Your registration form will request info about any diet restrictions (gluten-free, vegan… no worries).
- Alcohol – Wine tasting is one of our sponsors’ activities, but you’re welcome to bring your own Cocktail ‘o Choice, too.
- Lodging – Heated cabins have several bunkrooms each, lots of wall outlets, peaceful decks, indoor bathrooms with hot private showers.
- Cabin Assignments – Listen up… men in this cabin, women in that one. Bunkrooms are dorm-style, so you can appreciate our challenge to ensure campers are happy. We are flexible, let us know any bunkmate preferences and we’ll attempt to accommodate. We do everything possible to make your weekend awesome.
- Getting Here – Campers provide their own transportation — please carpool, it’s FUN. Driving instructions are in your registration packet. Approximate drive times: Los Angeles – 1.5 to 2 hrs.; Orange – 1.5 to 2 hrs.; San Diego – 2 hrs.; San Fernando Valley – 1.5 to 2 hrs.; Ventura – 2.5 hrs.
- Airport Info –Closest is Ontario International Airport (ONT), but we have a pile of airports in So. Cal. Rent a car; an approximate 1-hour drive. Carpool with other flyers!
- Weather – Average temperatures (but check weather.com before packing) for May are days 65°-75° nights 40°-55°.